Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the altered files of dmg folder with a password protection get saved from a time machine backup?

Alright so i have several dmg folders that i've installed password protection on, inside these folder are obviously sensitive information - as someone who regularly backs up my files i wondered if i added more documents to these password protected dmg would time machine back them up? When i entered time machine to test this i clicked on the dmg folder but they wouldn't open or even give me the option to enter my password at all instead all that pop up was a short information about the file like size etc - so my question is does time machine back up any newly added files to a dmg folder with a password protection added on?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Time machine question

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:03 PM

There are no replies.

Does the altered files of dmg folder with a password protection get saved from a time machine backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.