Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore iphone from backup without restriction code?

Hey. I forgot my restrictions code. I found a solution to erase my iphone but if i want to restore it from a backup the restriction code will remain and if i restore it as a new iphone i will loose my data. So is there a way to restore my data without the restriction code? Thank you.

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:08 AM

No, sorry.

When you forget that passcode, you have only the two options you've already correctly described:

1. Live with the enabled restrictions (restore from backup).

2. Get rid of the enabled restrictions (set your iphone as new).

There should be a 3rd option if you had a less recent backup (made before setting restrictions), restoring from that backup. But keep in mind that restoring operation is "all or nothing"; it means that restore from a backup will overwrite all the existing current data on your device.

Regards

Giulio

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 2:08 AM in response to Mizgheib

No, sorry.

When you forget that passcode, you have only the two options you've already correctly described:

1. Live with the enabled restrictions (restore from backup).

2. Get rid of the enabled restrictions (set your iphone as new).

There should be a 3rd option if you had a less recent backup (made before setting restrictions), restoring from that backup. But keep in mind that restoring operation is "all or nothing"; it means that restore from a backup will overwrite all the existing current data on your device.

Regards

Giulio

Mar 2, 2018 3:17 AM in response to Mizgheib

For contacts you have 2 options:

1. Sync (not backup) them to iCloud, so that as soon as you enable your Apple ID on the new iPhone, your contacts are authomatically imported. To do this, open Settings tap on your name, tap on iCloud, enable (green) Contacts (and also, if you want, calendars, reminders).

2. If you open App Store, you can find and download a 3rd party app that can "extract" only contacts from you backup.

I give you an example, but don't ask me if the app is "good or not" since I've never used it: My Contacts or My Contacts Backup... and many others.

Regards

Giulio

How to restore iphone from backup without restriction code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.