Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook takes for ever to charge?

It annoys me how long the MacBook takes forever to charge. The MacBook's battery is currently meant to be really good and it is good it lives a long life! But i just HATE How long it takes to charge, All of Apple's Laptops charge really fast Yes, even the MacBook Pro but i don't understand why it takes forever to charge on MacBooks! all reviews i have seen they say I Dislike how long it "Takes to charge" anyone else experience this please tell me below!

MacBook, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:33 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2018 11:52 PM in response to FergusMcLeay

Just a question but what MacBook are you talking about ? I have a 2016 and it charges from 15% to 100% in about 2 1/2 hours and runs for on average 10-12 hours on the battery . That is above average to average . I have a Lenovo that take 4 hours to charge the same size battery and a HP that is also similar . They both last under 6 hours ( 7-8 hours with the display turned down to under 100 nits ) . If you are talking about the older models that were discontinued several years ago it could be the batteries nearing their cycle life as they will eventually not take a charge anymore and need replacing .

MacBook takes for ever to charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.