Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 13 - Memory issues ( 8GB )

Dear Apple,

I am quite disappointed and I cannot really understand why my new Macbook Air 13 128GB SSD 8GB Ram runs out the memory every time when I am browsing on the internet by using the Safari. Most of the time only the Safari runs, but Macbook Air is running out of the memory and also fans increases the ventillation, which is quite annoying. I have recently changed this Macbook Air from earlier version which had only 4GB, that was even better and stable.

I look forward to hearing from you.

PS: I am travelling a lot Europe wide and I am not able to leave computer at service, plus I have also no trust in Istyle’s services in Hungary.

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:59 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 2, 2018 5:54 AM in response to NLaszlo

Basically Safari can and does use a lot of memory, depending upon the complexity of the pages you are viewing. This is especially true for many sites that have many animated ads running or that are playing a lot of video.

Download and run Etrecheck, and post the results of the run here. The program is safe and was in fact written by one of the contributors here in order to diagnose situations like this.

Macbook Air 13 - Memory issues ( 8GB )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.