Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicates, strange icons and playlists with missing songs everywhere

Hope someone help me. I'm flapping around here like a five-winged bird!

A couple of days ago, I signed up for Apple Music subscription. Since doing this, it appears that iTunes has tried to upload all my music to iCloud.

This has caused:-

1. The content on my main playlists to be significantly reduced, in one case from 150+ songs to 5;
  2. There appear to be a very large number of duplicate songs in my library; and
  3. A number of icons to appear that I have no understanding of, as shown in these images.User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Can you please tell me, in words that a 5yo might understand, how to fix all this up? I can, obviously reinstate my playlists manually, but I will struggle to remember all the songs that were previously included.

Cheers.....Scotty

PS Before anyone has a go at me, I'm not a Sophia Grace fan!!! My little girl can take the blame for that!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 12:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 3, 2018 12:36 AM in response to Scotty M

Did you interrupt iTunes while it was scanning and uploading your library? As you say if there is only the one active iCloud Music Library then is seems a little early to have content marked as removed. Also your playlists ought not to have been altered. Some might be eligible for iCloud, and some not, but that is all that should have happened. Do you have a backup of the library from before you enabled Apple Music? Do you think that you have lost tracks from the library? If so do those still exist in the media folder?

As for duplicates see Re: Duplicate songs. It may be best to use View > Only Downloaded Music before attempting to use my script. I haven't really had the opportunity to test it with Apple Music.

tt2

Mar 3, 2018 12:05 AM in response to turingtest2

TT2,

thanks for taking the time to respond and for the useful link. At least I now know what all these icons represent!

Still in the dark as to why

1. The content on my main playlists to be significantly reduced, in one case from 150+ songs to 5; and
  2. There appear to be a very large number of duplicate songs in my library,

and how I fix these.

Also, there are a **** of a lot of songs showing the 'Removed' icon. I can not understand how these songs could have been removed from iCloud Music Library on a different computer, as I have not connected any other devices to iCloud Music as yet. These are all songs that I have copied to iTunes from the original CD's in most cases. Can I re-save these to iCloud?

Hope you can help me!!

Cheers....Scotty

Duplicates, strange icons and playlists with missing songs everywhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.