Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple carplay

I have a Hyundai Santa fe with apple car play. For some reason the “maps” app is no longer appearing in the car play set up in my phone or in my car. It was working and not it isn’t.

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:36 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 4:47 PM in response to AliAshBry

Hello AliAshBry,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking about CarPlay. I am happy to check this out with you.

I would like to recommend these two help articles:

1. Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

2. Set up CarPlay to use with your iPhone

The first article has options to try depending if you are connected via bluetooth, a USB connection, or through CarPlay. The second article is specifically for CarPlay. There are many good troubleshooting steps provided in both articles. Since you did not mention what iPhone and iOS version you are using and stated that this used to work, there is also a step to help you check if the car stereo needs an update to work with your device which states:

6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

Apple carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.