Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp drive not selectable in high sierra settings

Hello guys,

I'm quite new to this forum (well, as "writer" one might say ^^)

ok to get to the point :

My bootcamp disc is not selectable in high sierra system settings => boot disc .

Whereas it is visible on the finder AND in disc utility....

i can only go to my bootcamp disc from the "alt" key pressed at the beginning of the start up of the mac which trigger the bootscreen.

Some precisions:

Mac pro 5,1 2010

High sierra 10.13.3 on its own SSD

Bootcamp with windows 7 (own SSD)

Another disc with Snow leopard on it.

First, i couldn't install bootcamp from high sierra (it refuses, stating that the machine is too old...*by the way i'd like to know what is the latest OSX version capable of installing a bootcamp disc on a mac pro 2010)

So i've decided to boot on my Snow leopard disc and i've installed bootcamp from there.

All went well with the latest drivers available for windows 7.

but the ability to "restart to bootcamp" has ALWAYS been missing since day one and this mac pro has had high sierra fresh installed. It just doesn't appear in the system settings under the boot disc sub category..

What am i missing ? User uploaded file

("head" is the name of my snow leopard disc)

I've tried this :

BootCamp drive not showing up in startup disk ? Here Is a FIX! - YouTube

which didn't give any results except now i have a new option called "EFI boot" when i press "alt" at the start up of the macpro...

Thank you for your input guys, and @Loner T if you are around your valuable help would be greatly appreciated 😉

I'll take any input to this problem which seems quite common it seems..

ps : my problem seems to be quite the same as his i guess : Boot Camp Partition not visible in High Sierra

BUT i dont want to reinstall high sierra it has been a huge pain in the a** already..

ps2: i've stumbled upon this thread :High Sierra and Boot Camp?

and this link : How to switch between Windows and macOS in macOS High Sierra - Apple Support does that mean from high sierra there is NO WAY to restart to windows in system settings and boot disc ? oO

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), win 7 on bootcamp

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:41 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 2, 2018 3:49 AM in response to Loner T

Hello Loner T !

Thank you for answering my question 😉

Yes of course here is the result :

User uploaded file

The first one in AFPS is high sierra on a SSD (plugged in a PCIe SSD extension card)

The second one the 128Gb SSD plugged in SATA 1 on the macpro board with BOOTCAMP on it

The third one is a standard disc called "Head" plugged in SATA 2 or 4 (cant remember) with Snow leopard on it

The forth one is : no clue at all

The fifth one is a standard disk called "westmere" on SATA 3 or 4 (not sure) for storage (no OS installed)

Hope it helps..

Mar 2, 2018 3:45 AM in response to guillaume184

a quick question : the software the guy in the video was reffering to : https://twocanoes.com/knowledge-base/switch-between-legacy-and-efi-mode/ has these options.. can it help ? i've tried to make it EFI bootable but know i got a new option when i press "alt" called "EFI boot" but that didnt resolve my problem... :/ maybe by making it "legacy bootable" ??

Bootcamp drive not selectable in high sierra settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.