Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp support software installation results in BSOD

The other day I booted into my Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update) installation on my MacBook Air (13 inch, early 2015, currently on macOS High Sierra 10.13.3) only to encounter a BSOD, with a Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED/0X0000007E, caused by the file KeyMagic.sys file (later found out to be the Apple Keyboard Driver)

Following the occurence of the event I have been experiencing the same problem trying to install the Boot Camp Support Software after reinstalling Windows.

Tried reinstalling multiple version of Windows (all ISO files were downloaded directly from Microsoft), redownloading drivers through Boot Camp Assistant but with no success. Also tried installing drivers one by one from the support software that I downloaded manually using the Boot Camp Assistant. Everything seems to work except for the keyboard. Any attempt at making it work results in the BSOD and automatic reboot.

A quick Google shows that a few people have experienced or have been experiencing the same problem, but the discovery isn't very helpful since none of the provided solution works for me.

Now I'm very confused regarding the matter and have no idea what to do to get it to work like it used to. I would greatly appreciate any kind of advice or solution. Thanks!

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 3:32 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 2, 2018 7:52 AM in response to Loner T

I forgot to mention that I've also tested a few versions of Boot Camp 6 (and even 5) support software, but all I get is the same old error and BSOD.

Also I have been using Windows 10 on this Mac for quite a while, and it survived through numerous macOS update, including the High Sierra one with no problem arising afterwards. This issue only came up a few days ago.

As for the thread that you attached I will refer to it and see if I can apply any information from its content to solve my problem. Thank you!

Boot Camp support software installation results in BSOD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.