Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the camera black screen and torch problem after updating to 11.2.6 fixed?

After updating to IOS 11.2 .6, my iphone 7 plus is just black screen when camera app is opened. Torch and flash doesn’t work too. Video calling is black screen on my side. Any update if this was resolved?

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 3:33 AM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2018 5:32 PM in response to KOB74

Hi KOB74,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after recently updating you iPhone 7 Plus, the Camera app opens to a blank black screen and the flash doesn't work. I can surely see how this could be concerning, especially since other functions like video calling have been impacted. I'm happy to help.

The following steps can help resolve this issue:

You see a closed lens or black screen

If you see a closed lens or black screen when you open the Camera app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
  2. Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
  3. Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
  4. If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file. If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.

User uploaded file

Your flash isn't working

Use Control Center to test the LED flash. Turn the flashlight off and on. If the LED flash doesn't work as a flashlight, contact Apple Support.

If the flash isn’t working, or it goes off every time you take a photo, check your flash settings. Tap User uploaded file in the upper left of the screen to choose a different setting.

If you take extended video with the flash on, or you’re using the device in a very warm environment, you might see a message that says the flash is disabled. The message remains until your device cools down.

User uploaded file

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

Mar 19, 2018 8:08 PM in response to chris_g1

Well I did all your recommendation and it did not work. I peruse also other same problems( apple community) as mine with the same recommended solution as yours and they all come out the same, it does not work. Up untill I have the same problem. Pls help as I use cam a lot. Even using third party app does not work... using facetime and viber yielded the same outcome. Cam does not work. Is apple intentionally do this to force people to upgrade their phones? Just a question.

Is the camera black screen and torch problem after updating to 11.2.6 fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.