Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music bug

hello, since i purchased the access to the music app on my iphone x i cant upload music to my iPhone from my computer i try to sync and it still doesn't work anyone have any idea what the problem may be? once it asked me if i download a song so it'll remove the older one and i said yes and it maybe cause of the problem and i dont know how to turn it off
if it may be something else and anyone has an idea i'll really appriciate the help,
Thank you for your time and support!

iPhone X, iOS 11.2, none

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 4:28 AM

7 replies

Mar 8, 2018 10:33 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hello Allen
i saw this link on the lastest respond and i couldn't find the true salution for my problem
my problem is the itunes cant locate the musin on my phone and i cant transfer anything into my phone also i cant myself find the music that i had before on my phone anywhere and cant delete it and it all started happening after i bought the access to the apple music on the app.
i went to a locate apple store they said they never heard of this problem...
here what it showsUser uploaded file now it doesn't suppose to do that because the music supposed to be on my device but its not and couldn't be found anywhere
and as i said i cant upload to my phone anything either so yeah
Thank you for your time and support!.

Mar 2, 2018 5:51 PM in response to L1or

Hello L1or,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking about syncing your music. This help article shows one possible reason is that you have iCloud syncing enabled and states: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB

If you use iCloud or other services like Apple Music to keep your content up to date across all of your devices, syncing through iTunes might be disabled.

The article also states, look at these other possibilities and links to this article: Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Mar 9, 2018 11:51 AM in response to L1or

Hello L1or,

Thanks for continuing our troubleshooting for your music. Before you actually delete your music, I recommend making a backup to protect your current data on your device. You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

You stated in the last reply that you can't delete the music. Are you trying to delete it with iTunes, or can you delete the songs through Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Music? In that area, scroll down a little, and tap EDIT on the right. Then delete the songs you are experiencing trouble with.

Once you delete them all, restart your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After this is done, go ahead and try to sync your music again. Thanks and have a great day.

Mar 2, 2018 10:59 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hey Alex and thanks for your help but i couldn't find the solution there
when im going in the iTunes to an option says "on my phone" and im going to music
all the music is there but when i click on it i get an exclamation point next to it like the music doesn't exist when i try to delete the music its not letting me
when i try to re-upload the music its not letting me

Mar 9, 2018 11:34 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hey Alex

I tried to do as you said but the music dont appear there only the music i downloaded from the music app
the former music dont appear anywhere...
and im still trying to upload music its not letting me
once you go into itunes on my device and music i could just drag the music i wanted to upload and it uploaded it
now it says it cant even read the file (the music in that case)
i have no idea what to do T_T

Music bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.