Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I activate used Ipad I purchased and use my appleid

I purchased an Ipad 2, Model A1395, as part of a Kiosk kit. The vendor which sold the kiosk is no longer in business but their appleid is still tied to the Ipad and I cannot activate the Ipad and repurpose it without their credentials. I have my receipt as proof of purchase how can I get the vendor's appleid off of this Ipad and use my appleid going forward?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 4:09 AM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2018 4:57 AM in response to MRBMN3G

I don’t think you can I’m sorry to say. THat vendor did not properly wipe the device before selling it to you.

You could try to take it to an apple store with that receipt and see if they can do anything for you but there are no guarantees.

That is the activation lock and since it’s meant to be a theft deterrent system there is no user work around.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Mar 2, 2018 4:57 AM in response to MRBMN3G

Did you buy the iPad new (not sure why the store would have put an account on it if it was new) ? If you did you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

How can I activate used Ipad I purchased and use my appleid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.