Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I put an event in my calendar it will add my event multiple times with each one repeating the words “starts and ends starts and ends starts and ends...starts and ends at 8:00 starts and ends at 7:45 starts and ends at 9:00...” help!!!

Calendar glitch?

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 4:04 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 5:45 PM in response to gregthegood

Hi gregthegood,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that when you add an event to Calendar you're seeing it multiply into many events that show "Starts and Ends". I can see why you'd reach out for assistance with this; I'm happy to help. First, use these steps to close the Calendar app, then restart your iPhone: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the behavior continues remove the Calendar app and reinstall it. Keep in mind any information you have stored in Calendar will be synced back when the app is reinstalled.

Remove a built-in app from your Home screen

1. On your iOS device, touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn't jiggle, make sure that you're not pressing too hard.
  2. Tap User uploaded file on the app, then tap Remove.
  3. Press the Home button to finish.

If you have an Apple Watch, removing an app from your iPhone also removes that app from your Apple Watch.

User uploaded file

Restore a built-in app that you removed

1. On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap User uploaded file to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch.

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch

Add a new event to test for the behavior you describe and let me know what you find.

If you're still seeing the issue can you let me know what kind of account(s) you use with Calendar? You can see this information in Settings > Accounts & Passwords.

Best Regards.

when I put an event in my calendar it will add my event multiple times with each one repeating the words “starts and ends starts and ends starts and ends...starts and ends at 8:00 starts and ends at 7:45 starts and ends at 9:00...” help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.