Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emails deleted from my iphone but not my ippad

When emails come into my inbox on my Mac, I tend to read them and transfer them into relevant folders as I like a clean inbox. But just recently the emails on my iPhone are deleting the instant that i put them into folders. However, this is not the case with my iPad! In the iPad the emails remain until I choose to delete them.

Why is this a problem. One instance, I purchase a train ticket online and pick it up at the station ticket office. I show the collection code to the ticket office attendant. If I have transferred the email to my Travel folder on the Mac, i will have no email to show the attendant. Up to a few days ago, this did not happen so what has changed - perhaps the latest update that I finally decided to implement!

I've read the earlier questions and answers here but i don't understand how emails are treated differently on one device compared to the other. At the moment I'm having to carry my iPad around with me just to have access to old emails - the alternative would be too have to carry a large inbox on my Mac, which io don't want to do. Plainly, Apple have changed something and it doesn't fit well with me.

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 9:22 AM

barryadd wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I use btinternet but I think it has to be an Apple issue as there is an inconsistency between iPad and iPhone in the way that emails are deleted. I recently switched to Apple Mail from Entourage when I changed my computer and I think that's when the problem may have started.

There was a thread a few months ago on this issue and a poster said that emails vanished from his phone's inbox before his eyes. Not sure that any of the replies solved his problem though.

if you use an IMAP account what you do to one device reflects on the other device.

if you use an POP3 account what you do on one device doesn't reflect on the other device.

What is Apple mail?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 9:22 AM in response to barryadd

barryadd wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I use btinternet but I think it has to be an Apple issue as there is an inconsistency between iPad and iPhone in the way that emails are deleted. I recently switched to Apple Mail from Entourage when I changed my computer and I think that's when the problem may have started.

There was a thread a few months ago on this issue and a poster said that emails vanished from his phone's inbox before his eyes. Not sure that any of the replies solved his problem though.

if you use an IMAP account what you do to one device reflects on the other device.

if you use an POP3 account what you do on one device doesn't reflect on the other device.

What is Apple mail?

Mar 2, 2018 9:02 AM in response to barryadd

barryadd wrote:

When emails come into my inbox on my Mac, I tend to read them and transfer them into relevant folders as I like a clean inbox. But just recently the emails on my iPhone are deleting the instant that i put them into folders. However, this is not the case with my iPad! In the iPad the emails remain until I choose to delete them.

Why is this a problem. One instance, I purchase a train ticket online and pick it up at the station ticket office. I show the collection code to the ticket office attendant. If I have transferred the email to my Travel folder on the Mac, i will have no email to show the attendant. Up to a few days ago, this did not happen so what has changed - perhaps the latest update that I finally decided to implement!

I've read the earlier questions and answers here but i don't understand how emails are treated differently on one device compared to the other. At the moment I'm having to carry my iPad around with me just to have access to old emails - the alternative would be too have to carry a large inbox on my Mac, which io don't want to do. Plainly, Apple have changed something and it doesn't fit well with me.

Are you using Apple icloud as your email provider, or Google, Yahoo etc? if the latter contact your email provider.

I used an work exchange email account, gmail account and yahoo account, I have no issue when deleting or moving emails from one device and does the same thing on my other Apple device, this on the latest ios

Mar 2, 2018 9:19 AM in response to razmee209

emails deleted from my iphone but not my ippad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.