Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain in iPhone 6

The problem started when I first downloaded iOS 11 back in October. My battery was draining up to 20% in minutes, but after that, my phone stayed on that level for another few hours. It happened several times but then the problem disappeared and everything was alright. Yesterday this whole situation started happening again (this time the battery drains from for example 70% to 12% and doesn't stop), to such an extent that when I'm using my phone - the screen starts getting somehow frozen and decides to restart the whole device itself. After the phone is restarted, the percentage of the battery loads back to 70% but then it goes down again. I don't know what's happening, everything was good, I never had any problems with my phone, my screen is always dark, the battery is always on that power saving mode, I don't have open applications in the background... My iPhone is updated to the lastest version of iOS. I don't know what's the problem, I have never had any problems with my phone, the battery started getting weaker in October, as I've said, then everything was great, but now it happens again. I've been using this phone since 2015.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 5:56 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 2, 2018 6:56 AM in response to ewa99

I would make an appointment at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have your iphone / battery / charging port checked. Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Remember that in an Apple Store, if it's a battery problem, you can have it replaced at a reduced price ($29 + taxes in US, but check this price in your country) until the end of 2018.

Regards

Giulio

Mar 6, 2018 7:33 AM in response to ewa99

All of a sudden I am experiencing the same thing on my IPad and IPhone 6. Never had problems with my battery life until I did IOS update 11.2.6. Over the years I have become less and less happy with my Mobil Apple products. Many people I work with are trading their IPhones to Samsung or Google phones. I’m thinking about the same. Anyone else doing the same?

Battery drain in iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.