Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch not connecting after iPhone 6 update

After recent update to iPhone 6 my series 1 Watch stopped receiving calls, messages & notifications even though green connectivity icon is showing. Phone is indicating cannot connect to watch. Tried restarting both with no luck.

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 7:09 AM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 7:31 PM in response to pensfan1

Hey pensfan1,

If I understand correctly, the iPhone is not connected to the Apple Watch even though the Watch shows it is connected. It sounds like the two devices are not communicating properly. I would recommend you read this article and use it to help troubleshoot the issue.

Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.

User uploaded file

Unpair your devices, then pair them again

If your Apple Watch still can't connect, unpair your devices, then pair them again:

1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
  2. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap your watch at the top of the screen. Tap User uploaded file next to the watch that you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch. Tap again to confirm.
  3. Pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again.

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Watch not connecting after iPhone 6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.