Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Swipe goes to Blank

I've had my iPhone X for a little over three months. Almost since the beginning its had a tendency to "blank out" to a blank image of the home screen image when you swipe up or try to start an app.

What I mean by this is, I go to swipe up, and everything disappears except the home screen image. This also happens sometimes when trying to start an app. I click the app (it can be any app - the phone, the camera, or a third party app) and it blanks out to only the image of the home screen wallpaper.

I can swipe around a couple of times and it will go back to normal. I've contacted tech support via Chat a couple of times and no solution. And just today, a friend who recently got an iPhone X (both are with Verizon) commented that she sees the same thing happening.

I have the latest iOS version and have always kept the phone updated. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why or when it happens. I can have no apps open or several. I can restart the phone, and it will happen not too far down the line from that.

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 10:36 AM

4 replies

iPhone X Swipe goes to Blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.