Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to mark as not junk in macmail

Been searching online for ever. Almost all my email from a yahoogroup I own, including emails I send myself, is being marked as junk (brown) and nothing I do seems to help. The email is not detected as spam by the yahoo email when I look on the web and Yahoogroups does not detect my email as spam.

No NOT JUNK icon on macmail app or within the emails.

I have the address whitelisted within my account and have been moving these mails into the inbox for ages. Nothing seems to make any difference.

Would love a solution!

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:12 AM

To all those who have responded for which I am most grateful! I seemed to have solved the problem. I had tried to add a Not junk button to my tool bar but couldn't find one offered. Then I read somewhere that the arrow into junk on the junk button changes to our if something is labelled junk. The problem as I saw it was that although my posts were hi lighted in brown there was no no junk button appearing anywhere either on the post or tool bar. I then realise my yahoogroups posts were diverted to a folder and were not actually in the junk folder. I right clicked one brown email and chose to send it to the junk folder. From there I was offered a not junk button.

Then I opened one of the browned emails. They all have a button to load remote content. I had not been doing so but when I risked it I found the tiniest junk icon appeared on the brown emails. So tiny I could hardly see it. I screenshotted it to see if I could magnify it but actually when magnified it was still impossible to see any arrow. However, by risking clicking on it a not junk button did appear on the email which I was able to use.

It was only when I clicked the banner agreeing to open remote content that this almost invisible junk button appeared!

I worry a lot at my advanced age (70 this year) that people who have started to rely on computers and actually are being forced to rely on computers will actually find the constant changes in OS difficult to cope with as they age especially if in addition their eyesight is not perfect!

I've been using computer since the 80s and in fact at work we had a room sized punch card computer in the 70s! I hope Apple and Microsoft will bear in mind that constant change may be easy for the young but less so for the "mature" user!

Anyway thanks to everyone who responded :-)

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 8:12 AM in response to mirrorneuron

To all those who have responded for which I am most grateful! I seemed to have solved the problem. I had tried to add a Not junk button to my tool bar but couldn't find one offered. Then I read somewhere that the arrow into junk on the junk button changes to our if something is labelled junk. The problem as I saw it was that although my posts were hi lighted in brown there was no no junk button appearing anywhere either on the post or tool bar. I then realise my yahoogroups posts were diverted to a folder and were not actually in the junk folder. I right clicked one brown email and chose to send it to the junk folder. From there I was offered a not junk button.

Then I opened one of the browned emails. They all have a button to load remote content. I had not been doing so but when I risked it I found the tiniest junk icon appeared on the brown emails. So tiny I could hardly see it. I screenshotted it to see if I could magnify it but actually when magnified it was still impossible to see any arrow. However, by risking clicking on it a not junk button did appear on the email which I was able to use.

It was only when I clicked the banner agreeing to open remote content that this almost invisible junk button appeared!

I worry a lot at my advanced age (70 this year) that people who have started to rely on computers and actually are being forced to rely on computers will actually find the constant changes in OS difficult to cope with as they age especially if in addition their eyesight is not perfect!

I've been using computer since the 80s and in fact at work we had a room sized punch card computer in the 70s! I hope Apple and Microsoft will bear in mind that constant change may be easy for the young but less so for the "mature" user!

Anyway thanks to everyone who responded :-)

Mar 2, 2018 3:46 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks, but the options shown only come on some emails I get. None of those from yahoogroups that show up in brown have any button for marking as not junk. And I am not personally marking them as junk. Mac mail is doing that.

The screenshot you you sent says “You marked this message as junk mail”. Am I supposed to get that in order to get the option to mark it Not junk? That doesn’t seem likely?

Mar 2, 2018 5:37 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks but these emails Ikm referring to are not marked as spam by yahoo. I’ve checked my account on webmail. Nor do they arrive as spam on my iPad. It’s only my MacBook that is affected by these particular emails.

I referred to the “You marked this message as junk mail” on the screen shot. I am not marking any of these as junk So do t think that screen shot applies. It seems to be Mac mail marking them and I don’t know how to stop this. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

Mar 4, 2018 4:48 PM in response to mirrorneuron

The problem as I saw it was that although my posts were hi lighted in brown there was no no junk button appearing anywhere either on the post or tool bar. I then realise my yahoogroups posts were diverted to a folder and were not actually in the junk folder. I right clicked one brown email and chose to send it to the junk folder. From there I was offered a not junk button.

Thanks for that explanation. I don't believe I knew about that.

I have not seen this, but I will keep an eye out for it.

how to mark as not junk in macmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.