Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor Blinking?

By default, MacOS cursors hit users 4 times per second.

I am photosensitive, and each hit can hurt, repeated hits can trigger my migraines, the hits make it hard to see what I'm selecting or typing, and some hits make me stumble or fall when walking around. Not good.

I can use a Terminal hack to reduce the cursor blink rate in NSText apps. 1 hit every 10 seconds doesn't give me much trouble.

I can use Tinkertool to reduce the cursor blink rate in MacOS and all apps, but only to 1 hit per second; better, but still too high.

I can't combine these. If I use the Terminal hack, the system blink rate goes back to 4 hits per second. If I use the Tinkertool setting, the NSText blink rate goes back to 1 hit per second.

Short of *only* using apps with their own settings, or which use NSText, or installing Linux, or installing Windows, or running everything in WINE, is there any way to deal with the blinking cursors?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:28 AM

There are no replies.

Cursor Blinking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.