Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime not activating on 6s plus

i just bought an iPhone 6s Plus and my imessage and FaceTime will not activate. I have tried many different ideas from the web and nothing has worked. Please help.

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:36 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2018 8:49 AM in response to jacquelinefrombourbonnais

jacquelinefrombourbonnais wrote:

i just bought an iPhone 6s Plus and my imessage and FaceTime will not activate. I have tried many different ideas from the web and nothing has worked. Please help.

since you didn't bother to sate what " I have tried many different ideas from the web" here is a link for you to look at:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Mar 2, 2018 1:08 PM in response to jacquelinefrombourbonnais

jacquelinefrombourbonnais wrote:

I have tried that. I have also tried resetting the network, complete reset, turning on airplane mode and turning them off and back on. I tried reinstalling FaceTime app as well. Nothing is working

I had a feeling you would say that, so what did Apple support say when you contacted them about the issue, since that step is also included in the link and you've tried that and it didn't work?

Mar 25, 2018 4:09 AM in response to jacquelinefrombourbonnais

I have saame problem too.

Two phone (iPhone SE & iPhone 6S plus),two Apple ID,two sim (cht-tw).

iPhone SE 11.2.* , OTA upgrade to 11.2.6. Every thing is normal.

iPhone 6S plus 10.3.3 , OTA upgrade to 11.2.6, iMessages & FaceTime。( worked perfectly before upgrade.)

Tried "reset", "log out ID", "switch sim card", "Switch AppleID", "toggle flight mode", "turn on & off dail assist", "erase all content and setting", & "re-activate iPhone fro beginning" (with every combination of sim & apple ID).

None of them worked.

In every combination of resetting, the phone number can be dectected correctly in 'Setting>Phone'.

For iPhone SE, there is no problem to use iMessage & FaceTime in every situation。

The 'Setting>AplleID>Name, Phone Number, Email > showing correctly in iPhone SE.

For iPhone 6S plus, no matter what situation, Setting>Message> turn on iMessage > Waiting for activation (stucked for a week till now.)

The 'Setting>AplleID>Name, Phone Number, Email > showed only email adress in iPhone 6S plus.

If I log in with same Apple ID on both phone, only SE's phone number will show in both phone.

In web audio service Apple support personel read the web instruction to me, and ask me to do it again. (which I have done so many times.) And said if it still no working it is hardware problem, you need to bring in the phone for repair.

I don't think it is a hardware problem. I can use LINE & Messenger(facebook) voice and video normally in both phone。

iMessage and FaceTime not activating on 6s plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.