Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access iWork for iCloud on iPad or iPhone

I am new to Macs and have just bought a 2nd hand Macbook pro. I want to use iWork for iCloud on all my devices (iPad, iPhone,Macbook and Win PC) I went to icloud.com on PC logged in with apple ID and it works fine, started Safari on the Macbook and did the same, all OK. Thought this was easy, very impressed. Now the problems start I opened Safari on iPad and typed icloud.com and it takes me to page with 3 options :-

1) Set up iCloud on this device. 2) Open Find my iPhone. 3)Open Find my friends. if I tap any of them it goes to a page instructing me how to do each of these things, the problem is I have already setup icloud on these devices and can access my docs, pics etc on iCloud drive but not iWork. My iPhone is the same. Does anyone know what is wrong please?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 9:02 AM

The iCloud website is not directly accessible on iOS devices like iPhones and iPads. But you don't need to use the iCloud website on an iOS device.

If you need to use iWork, you can download the Pages, Keynote and Numbers Apps for free from the App Store, and they connect to the iCloud account automatically, so you can access your files in iCloud directly within each App.

Direct links for the apps:

Pages on the App Store

Keynote on the App Store

Numbers on the App Store

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 9:02 AM in response to roysmokie

The iCloud website is not directly accessible on iOS devices like iPhones and iPads. But you don't need to use the iCloud website on an iOS device.

If you need to use iWork, you can download the Pages, Keynote and Numbers Apps for free from the App Store, and they connect to the iCloud account automatically, so you can access your files in iCloud directly within each App.

Direct links for the apps:

Pages on the App Store

Keynote on the App Store

Numbers on the App Store

Mar 2, 2018 9:02 AM in response to Phil0124

Thank you Phil, I am so used to how Windows works I assumed if you can access a web site on a computer you can access it on any device with a browser. I have downloaded the apps on my iPhone and iPad and all is well now. I bought the Macbook to learn Mac OS, so I have no doubt I will be posting more questions. Once again thank you.

Roy

Mar 2, 2018 11:31 AM in response to roysmokie

You can access it, its just its not really designed for a mobile device, and has issues with certain things on an iPhone and iPad. So Apple simply chooses to redirect to the setup page when accessing it instead of providing an experience that may not be 100% functional on an iOS device for different reasons.

You're very welcome. And feel free to come back with any more questions.

Can't access iWork for iCloud on iPad or iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.