Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: macOS High Sierra Finder is having problems showing and handling thumbnails

macOS High Sierra Finder is having problems showing and handling thumbnails - since Fall 2017

I believe I am seeing this thumbnail pictures problem with my newer .jpg/.jpeg files - created after I installed High Sierra (now Version 10.13.3) on my Mac Mini (Mid 2010) Memory 16GB

- In a Finder window in any of the possible views, newer .jpg/.jpeg image files thumbnails show the default image.

- The 'Get Info' window's Preview for the same file shows what the thumbnail would be.

- If you do a Search for files whose names contain '.jpg'/'.jpeg', the list shows the thumbnails correctly, until you click on the filename

- In same Search window if you search for 'Type' 'Image' 'All' files, it shows the thumbnails correctly, until you click on the filename

An earlier error report about a similar problem last Fall was reporting that the quality of the thumbnails was not as good as that of the ones in earlier macOS's

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Mac Mini (2010) Memory 16 GB

Posted on

There are no replies.
User profile for user: Suzy43

Question: macOS High Sierra Finder is having problems showing and handling thumbnails