Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i download an app with an apple id that im no longer using and now that i want to update it with my apple id it does not let me and it asks me for the password for the other account that im not using so i have no clue what that password is

Can y’all help me ?

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 10:02 AM

Yeah, if you download an app with one Apple ID, you can't then switch to another and still update the app. Most people only use one Apple ID during their lifetime—there's rarely a good reason to switch to a new ID. All of your purchases on the old Apple ID are inaccessible on the new one. You'll have to delete the app (press and hold on the app icon until they wiggle and show an ✖ which is not actually red and then click the ✖) and reinstall it using your current Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 10:02 AM in response to Nataliedm11

Yeah, if you download an app with one Apple ID, you can't then switch to another and still update the app. Most people only use one Apple ID during their lifetime—there's rarely a good reason to switch to a new ID. All of your purchases on the old Apple ID are inaccessible on the new one. You'll have to delete the app (press and hold on the app icon until they wiggle and show an ✖ which is not actually red and then click the ✖) and reinstall it using your current Apple ID.

i download an app with an apple id that im no longer using and now that i want to update it with my apple id it does not let me and it asks me for the password for the other account that im not using so i have no clue what that password is

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.