Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change my billing from my debit card to redeem cards. I have credit in my account but is not letting me use it. What can I do to use it to buy a plan in Apple Music.

hi, I have been trying to use my credit in my account from pre-payed cards I buy.

I am trying to set a music plan from I-tunes but is not letting me use the credit I have. Is asking me to add a new credit card or debit card with I dont want to.

how can I set it so that I can use my credit and continue paying with pre-payed cards?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 9:39 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2018 6:24 AM in response to pablofromsquamish

Hi pablofromsquamish,

I understand that you are wanting to subscribe to Apple Music and pay for it by using pre paid gift cards. It seems like you are being asked to add a credit or debit card, which you don't want to do. I'll be happy to provide some information on this.

Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC​

iTunes and Apple Music Gift Cards

To use store credit to pay for Apple Music, you must have enough store credit to cover the amount of one billing period at the regular price of the Apple Music subscription that you choose. Learn more about how to redeem gift cards.

Redeem App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, Apple Music Gift Cards, and content codes​

Apple Music Gift Card

When you redeem an Apple Music Gift Card, you can choose to apply your credit directly toward an Apple Music Individual membership. If you're not an Apple Music member, applying the credit automatically signs you up for a membership. If you're already an Apple Music member, applying your credit to a membership extends your date of renewal by the number of months on the card.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities to post your question. Have a wonderful weekend.

I want to change my billing from my debit card to redeem cards. I have credit in my account but is not letting me use it. What can I do to use it to buy a plan in Apple Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.