Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

was given iphone 6s by my friend and he doesnt remeber icloud password he used to open the account and i want to remove that account on the phone and use mine

was given iphone 6s by a friend but he cannot remember password he used in opening icloud account and i want to remove it so i use my own icloud?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 10:22 AM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2018 10:26 AM in response to JONA1967

Removing Activation Lock requires either knowledge of the Apple ID and password or the original proof of purchase (POP) to remove.

You could use iforgot.apple.com to reset the iCloud password associated with the iPhone 6s.

Without the Apple ID and password, using the original POP requires a contacting Apple Support so that the POP can be validated (matching serial number, IMEI, purchase date, and/or name on the receipt) and then Activation Lock removed. Once removed Apple Support can walk you through restoring the iPhone so you can associate it with your account.

was given iphone 6s by my friend and he doesnt remeber icloud password he used to open the account and i want to remove that account on the phone and use mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.