Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UPDATE to iOS 11.2.6 darkens screen

Has anyone else updated to iOS 11.2.6 and seen their iPad screen brightness go down about 90% after install and restart?

After digging in the archives here I have seen that this issue started and has kept popping up since iOS 11 was released. The workarounds available do solve the temporary problem [iOS 11 - Screen brightness to dark on iPad Pro 10.5] but after testing them out found that what they actually do is force user to turn off Auto-Brightness [Settings>General>Accessibility>Display Accomodations>Auto-Brightness], then Reduce White Point to 25% [Ibid] / or just turn it off, and then go to the Brightness Widget or in Settings and increase it - every time. And before anyone asks - putting the ipad into different ambient light levels doesn't affect it when the Auto-B is on.

Well, ain't that a Kluge In The Head???

And the worst part is that if you turn off Auto-Brightness you see "Turning off auto-brightness may affect battery life" Oh goody so the choice is a) burn battery power at higher rates, b) bow to the fix and keep having to adjust light level manually or worst leave Auto-Brightness on and sit looking at an illegible screen.

DEAR APPLE - PLEASE ISSUE A FIX FOR THIS ASAP.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.6, 10.5 - 1 year old

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 10:04 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2018 10:24 AM in response to zfJames

Dear zfJames:

Thanks for the input but your reply was not helpful:
1. The actual question is at the top of the post: "Has anyone else updated to iOS 11.2.6 and seen their iPad screen brightness go down about 90% after install and restart?" which I posted in the hope that someone with the same problem would actually post something helpful from their own experience / enlighten me as to an actual fix instead of a poor workaround.
2. FTR I was in the middle of submitting my experience to Apple Feedback when I saw a reply pop up on my screen and diverted back here - in the hope someone was providing a fix. That would be a no.
3. I don't know what part of "we" you think you represent - but the URL of this page is tagged User uploaded file

so in my book every line on this site represents Apple Inc. (US).
4. As for the Genius Bar suggestion? That isn't, nor should such be, required of me but the workaround will do for now. What is and should be required is that Apple fix this bug in their software.
Thanks again.
Rich

Mar 2, 2018 10:09 AM in response to RHOmea

Do you have an actual question? If you want to submit feedback to Apple, you can do so here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

We don't represent Apple. Since you're having an obvious problem, I would recommend taking it into the Genius Bar so that the Apple representatives there can observe the issue and try to troubleshoot it: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Mar 2, 2018 10:55 AM in response to RHOmea

According to the Apple Support Communities Use Agreement,

Views expressed on the Site are not endorsed by Apple

and further,

Apple may respond to questions but does not formally provide technical support on the Site. Any information that is provided by Apple or Apple employees is offered on an "AS IS" basis without warranties of any kind.

In other words, we (that is, the users on this forum) don't represent Apple. Complaining about a problem here will not result in Apple fixing anything. The only reason I mentioned that was just so you could be aware that users here don't have access to Apple's support team. 🙂

I'm not sure what you mean by 'shouldn't be required of me.' Apple has absolutely no mandate to fix your issue. If you don't like what Apple did, then you can provide feedback and contact their support team, but it is your responsibility to get your issue fixed. If you don't want to follow the steps to fix your issue, then you can't expect Apple to help.

I apologize if my post was not helpful. I have no way of knowing your experience, knowledge, or situation. I have not experienced that exact issue, but I just wanted to share the information I did have in case you were not already aware of it. Again, I'm sorry it wasn't helpful... 😟

-zfJames

UPDATE to iOS 11.2.6 darkens screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.