Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing photos using Image Capture shows duplicates

I have tons of photos on my phone and they are all utilizing iCloud Photo Library. I now want to import the photos from there onto my Mac, or better yet an external storage device for safe keeping. I've used Image Capture in the past and like it. However, when I connect my phone and open Image Capture, I am seeing tons of duplicate images, and the files names of the images look very odd. For instance, I am seeing file names such as PNOM6493 and WZOU8377... I'm also seeing the expected IMG_0794 for instance. The duplicates I'm seeing seem to be images that I've edited using Photos for iOS. Those file names are IMG_0873 and IMG_E0873 for instance.

Isn't there a way to just import my master images and not all of the duplicates associated with edits? Also, what's with all of the odd file names?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 10:37 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Importing photos using Image Capture shows duplicates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.