Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library: albums on iPhone but not Mac and iCloud.com

Hi,

So here's my problem...

I'm using iCloud Photo Library. I have over 14k photos, all sorted into hundreds of albums and folders.

For a while, all was good. Now I've got one folder with several albums in it, which shows correctly on the iPhone, but is missing in Photos on Mac and on iCloud.com. However, I have created a Smart Album to see if any photos are not in any album (Album is not "any") and that Smart Album remains empty.

It all happened after several empty albums and folders (with existing names) appeared on the iPhone along with their usual counterparts. I then made sure that sync was up to date on both devices and then deleted the empty ones from the iPhone which resulted in the correct ones disappearing from the Mac and iCloud.com.

I'm unsure of what to do now. I know there's photos in this folder that don't have the proper date set (they have been taken with older cameras), but the albums are basically the years the photos were taken.

Does anyone by any chance have a recommendation now?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Sabrina

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 12:10 PM

It all happened after several empty albums and folders (with existing names) appeared on the iPhone along with their usual counterparts. I then made sure that sync was up to date on both devices and then deleted the empty ones from the iPhone which resulted in the correct ones disappearing from the Mac and iCloud.com.

As you are seeing the albums on your iPhone, but not at www.icloud.com, it would be of no use to download the library again from iCloud.

Try , if you can recreate one of the missing albums on your Mac.

• Type the name of the albums into the search field. Photos will show you all photos from this album as the search result, if the album still exists somewhere in limbo.
  • Now enter the key combination ⌘N to create a new album with the selection and name it like the missing album, with a suffix, to make the name unique.

Is it possible to get the album back this way, and does it sync to iCloud? If yes, delete the old album on the iPhone and keep the recreated album.

Do the same for your other albums.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 12:10 PM in response to MissKillALot

As you are seeing the albums on your iPhone, but not at www.icloud.com, it would be of no use to download the library again from iCloud.

Try , if you can recreate one of the missing albums on your Mac.

• Type the name of the albums into the search field. Photos will show you all photos from this album as the search result, if the album still exists somewhere in limbo.
  • Now enter the key combination ⌘N to create a new album with the selection and name it like the missing album, with a suffix, to make the name unique.

Is it possible to get the album back this way, and does it sync to iCloud? If yes, delete the old album on the iPhone and keep the recreated album.

Do the same for your other albums.

iCloud Photo Library: albums on iPhone but not Mac and iCloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.