Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange Macbook Air display code: NT133WGB-N81

Hello!

So, I've bought this early Macbook Air 2015 and I wanna check if it wasn't refurbished or something. I used the command in the terminal to learn about the display code and it got me to this : NT133WGB-N81.

Now, I am curios if this is the code of the displays put into the MBA by Apple or is a genuine replacement part or what else?

Thank you for your help!

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 11:54 AM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2018 12:27 PM in response to Kmcoio

We don't know. We're not furnished with that information. You can get some information using the machine's serial number with Decode Mac Serial Number. You can also use Lookup Mac Specs By Serial Number, Order, Model & EMC Number, Model ID @ EveryMac.com and enter the last three characters of your computer’s serial number in the field that appears as follows:

Mar 2, 2018 12:38 PM in response to Kappy

I’ve already checked that and more. This guy that sold it to me opened it and activated on the 24th of December 2017. Yet, the warranty expiration date seems to have passed, so I was thinking maybe this is a replacement unit (maybe changed under warranty). I found the display code while trying to calibrate it and I was asthonished by the fact that google returns no product id on the panel manufacturer. It seems quite low quality, even by comparing it to my former old Macbook Pro late 2011.

Strange Macbook Air display code: NT133WGB-N81

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.