Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing old iPod iTunes account

I have an old iPod loaded with 20gb+ of music. I use it all the time, but haven’t added to it for over ten years. I recently tried to fire up the desktop pc the iTunes account is on and the pc doesn’t work. I wanted to link the old account to my family group so al the music can go on the cloud and I can access it all on both iPhone and iPad. Is there a quick way to do this? (I cannot remember the iTunes ID, hence why I needed the pc) if no which was it is just a case of burning hundreds of cds to my current iTunes account and to be honest o don’t have the time.

Thanks

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 11:46 AM

I'm not following your whole post but I think the answer is no. You really should only ever have a single Apple ID for all your devices through all time . There is no such thing as an "iTunes account" so that makes your description a bit confusing. I think you mean iTunes library. That library is supposed to be the central and primary repository for all your music from any source and needs to be regularly backed up. You sync everything to the same library, you do not transfer from a device to the another device, or a device to the library and then to another device. If your basic question is how can you copy tracks from CDs off an old iPod onto newer devices, you will have to use third party software. Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 11:46 AM in response to Benrunnerpants

I'm not following your whole post but I think the answer is no. You really should only ever have a single Apple ID for all your devices through all time . There is no such thing as an "iTunes account" so that makes your description a bit confusing. I think you mean iTunes library. That library is supposed to be the central and primary repository for all your music from any source and needs to be regularly backed up. You sync everything to the same library, you do not transfer from a device to the another device, or a device to the library and then to another device. If your basic question is how can you copy tracks from CDs off an old iPod onto newer devices, you will have to use third party software. Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device

Mar 2, 2018 11:23 AM in response to Benrunnerpants

An iTunes account is just a user name and password with which you can purchase content.

It sounds like you lost your iTunes library ( which is stored on a computer) when your computer died. Have you failed to maintain a backup copy of your computer?

Your cd music does not go to icloud. It would only be where you put it.

You can learn about iTunes match. That may help you.

Mar 2, 2018 11:46 AM in response to Limnos

Thank, yes in an ideal world we would all have only one Apple ID. Unfortunately I didn't have the forethought when I got an iPod 10/11 years ago. I just downloaded iTunes and converted all the music on my pc hard drive. Put away my Walkman and enjoyed the iPod! When I got a phone last year I couldn be bothered digging out the pc and seeing if I did actually have an Apple ID. But the pain of burning cd's is so time consuming.

I'll look at the third party software optio, thanks

Accessing old iPod iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.