Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need iCloud on, to view pics, from iPhone to PC?

All I want to do is access the available pics on my iPhone X to my pc, so I can select and print a few, but......

I am getting a message after signing in to iTunes that my pc is locked out, I believe it read, and cannot connect when plugging in my iPhone X into my pc. Oh it tries and tries and tries, both the pc and my iPhone are making noises and a popup on the iPhone says it cannot connect.

Could it be because I have iCloud turned off?

My purpose in keeping it off is I don't want to reach that magical 5GB number and have to start paying. I know I can delete some but iCloud auto deletes them also from my iPhone, not just the cloud.

Update 11.2.6

iPhone X, iOS 11.1.1, null

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 12:51 PM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2018 6:32 AM in response to OutsideShooter

OutsideShooter wrote:

I had my iPhone AutoLock for screen set to never, I am currently using 11.2.6, I have not yet seen an attempt for my Windows pc, to download drivers, can you be more specific? And I have tried a second usb port, both of which I have tested to working functionality. But will try a 3rd.

Oh it tries and tries and tries, both the pc and my iPhone are making noises, and a popup on the iPhone says it cannot connect over and over until I cancel.

Thanks for your help, still not working.

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Restart your computer, try a different cord.

Mar 2, 2018 1:40 PM in response to OutsideShooter

OutsideShooter wrote:

All I want to do is access the available pics on my iPhone X to my pc, so I can select and print a few, but......

I am getting a message after signing in to iTunes that my pc is locked out, I believe it read, and cannot connect when plugging in my iPhone X into my pc. Oh it tries and tries and tries, both the pc and my iPhone are making noises and a popup on the iPhone says it cannot connect.

Could it be because I have iCloud turned off?

My purpose in keeping it off is I don't want to reach that magical 5GB number and have to start paying. I know I can delete some but iCloud auto deletes them also from my iPhone, not just the cloud.

Update 11.2.6

Icloud has nothing to do with importing pics to your computer.

Make sure you have the latest update, your phone is unlocked when connected.

If your hearing beeping noises from your computer it could mean it isn't downloading the drivers, try a different usb port.

Mar 2, 2018 1:45 PM in response to razmee209

I had my iPhone AutoLock for screen set to never, I am currently using 11.2.6, I have not yet seen an attempt for my Windows pc, to download drivers, can you be more specific? And I have tried a second usb port, both of which I have tested to working functionality. But will try a 3rd.

Oh it tries and tries and tries, both the pc and my iPhone are making noises, and a popup on the iPhone says it cannot connect over and over until I cancel.

Thanks for your help, still not working.

Mar 3, 2018 6:57 AM in response to OutsideShooter

After changing ports on my pc, I still received the notice above. But this time I was able to cancel the attempt to connect, and then a little tiny pop up appeared in the upper right of the pictures window asking me to add an Apple Photos app. I cancelled that then went to the Import tab and I was able to choose "Import New".

My guess is that the port was not compatible with my iPhone X, though it had always worked on my old Windows Nokia phone, so I moved to another port, and then I unplugged my iPhone and tried again.

It still shows the png I have above, and this time I notice that I should accept the 'notification to connect'.

So my question now is why don't I see that on my phone or my pc?

Do I need iCloud on, to view pics, from iPhone to PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.