Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of Activation Lock on iPad 2 iOS 9.3.5

Hello,

So recently my wife gave me her iPad with the Activation lock screen asking me to help her out with the problem,

her iPad has not been used for 2 years, and she does not remember the email she used nor the password.

We tried every possible email she used before, we tried everything the iPad provides,

is it possible that we talk to someone in Apple support to prove ownership of this iPad and reset the Activation lock,

Please help me,

Thank you

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 12:39 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2018 12:42 PM in response to David_wood

THere is a rumor, and I say rumor because apple has never officially acknowledged this so it’s all word of mouth, but rumor is if you go into an apple store with the original proof of purchase, something that shows you bought iPad with the serial number XXXXXXXXX they can wipe it for you.

Beyond that, the ipad needs to have the original email/apple ID and password used to set it up, entered into it to unlock that activation lock.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

How do I get rid of Activation Lock on iPad 2 iOS 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.