Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to troubleshoot iPad home hub to control schlage sense lock remotely?

Recently I bought Schlage sense lock. According to schlage and Apple website, I can use either Apple TV or iPad (with IOS 10 or later) as home hub to remotely control my lock from any where. Some how i can not remotely control the lock using my iPhone when I am away from home. I have been contacted Apple care and talked to multiple people. So far none of them help me to resolve the issue. They told me to contact schlage. It is obviously the problem caused by Home App but Apple care blame schlage and refused to elevate my issue. Last call from Apple care said that only Apple TV can use as a home hub to remotely control Schlage sense. However I have provided Apple care staffs with October 17, 2017 Article from schlage website. The article states that I can use either Apple TV or iPad as a hub to remotely control the lock. Apple care staff again did not look at the article and refused to help me to troubleshoot the problem.

Does anyone have the same issue as mine? How do you troubleshoot it?

I have reset both iPad and iPhone, removed locks, reinstalled locks ect.... but still cannot control the lock when I am not home.

I have bad experiences to deal with Apple care staffs and have not received a survey from Apple care to provide feedback. I am at the point to return the iPad to Apple and get money back.

I hope you can help to revolve the issue.

Thanks

Posted on

There are no replies.
User profile for user: Qkto

Question: How to troubleshoot iPad home hub to control schlage sense lock remotely?