Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use the time capsule to extend my virgin wi-fi please?

I have just bought a Time Capsule - backed up my MacBook Pro for the first time but now we are thinking of using it to extend our Virgin wi-if but can we do that now and how easy it is please?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:13 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2018 2:34 PM in response to Srroberts49

The Time Capsule will need to be located several rooms away from your Virgin router...... in the area where you need additional WiFi coverage.......and then the Time Capsule must connect back to your Virgin router using a permanent, wired Ethernet cable connection.

Ethernet cabling can be run up to about 325 feet, or about 100 meters, with virtually no loss.

Once the Time Capsule is relocated to the area where it will be used, it will need to be reconfigured to provide a wireless network signal that uses the exact same name and password as your Virgin wireless.

If you are able to locate the Time Capsule where it will be needed, post back for additional details on the setup of the Time Capsule.

How do I use the time capsule to extend my virgin wi-fi please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.