Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot takes forever since the 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

I have an iMac i7 3.4GHz, SSD Hard drive. Until now, boot was about 15 seconds. Since the 10.13.3 Supplemental Update, boot takes forever - more than a minute. I googled the problem and it seems like I'm not the only one...

Things I tried:

- Select the HDD under Startup Disk preferences

- Reset PRAM

- Reset SMC

- Started in Recovery Mode, ran First Aid on the HDD

- Made sure TRIM in enabled

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 27" (mid 2011)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 1:44 PM

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 1:44 PM in response to L i o r

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Boot takes forever since the 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.