Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drainer quicker since I updated to iOS 11.2.6

Since updating to iOS 11.2.6 from 11.2.5. I have seen a quicker battery drain from normal use of my iPhone and I already have all the battery hog settings turned off. And I have already had my iPhone replaced. So what do I do now? I seem to spend more time worrying about how to preserve my battery than actually using my iPhone. Something is wrong with this picture.

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:31 PM

Go to Settings>Battery and see what is using the highest percentage of your battery, and start troubleshooting from there. If you have restored your new phone to an older backup, the phone needs to completely re-index the system, so battery life the first couple of days could be weaker, but should improve.

8 replies

Mar 2, 2018 2:46 PM in response to mrbotticelli

I explained what happens when you update iOS. You can take the time to create a backup and restore your device. Standard troubleshooting steps include restart, restore from backup, restore to factory; testing after each step. It is also possible that there is corrupt data in your backup, and that can cause processes to stick and battery to go lower. As you indicated, you showed 2 apps that were using over 60% of your battery over a 24 hour period. I would say those are the problems you need to be looking at. You can restore your device to factory, set it up as new, and test it for a period of time to see how it behaves. If okay, then try restoring to your last backup and see if things change. If it gets worse, then I would say you have corrupt data in your backup that is causing the battery drainage.

Battery drainer quicker since I updated to iOS 11.2.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.