Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any idea how to contact the Developer????

I had downloaded and paid for the app Pocket Metaverse Pro back a few years ago and just recently in the past two years, I have not been able to get it off the app store anymore for my iPhone. I contacted Apple about it and they said I have to contact the developer for a refund being it is no longer available in the app store due to Pocket Metaverse doing away with the app. Anyone have any idea how I can contact the developer or know who the developer is that made it so I can contact them and see if I can get a refund for it since I did pay for it and can no longer use it????

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:26 PM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2018 4:44 PM in response to parmyprincess

Every software license I have ever read includes a clear statement that the developer can terminate their support for your license at any time they chose to. Software licenses also include clauses stating that your license entitles you to use the software “as is” as well as “as available”. There is zero chance at all you will get a refund, since nothing in the licenses guarantees the software will be available nor supported for any defined period of time.

Apple - Legal - Licensed Application End User License Agreement

Mar 2, 2018 3:17 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes Chris I do feel I deserve a refund because I purchased the app and they no longer have it on iTunes no more so yes I feel when you buy something out of the app store and the developer takes it out of the store they do owe you a refund for the item you purchased because I can no longer download it from the cloud or the store or anything. It is no longer available to use. So would you want to pay for say a computer and then the store come and take it away all because they do not want to carry it anymore? I would think you would want a refund for that computer if that were the case?? Anyway I am trying to find out who the developer is so I can get it figured out thanks anyway!!

Mar 2, 2018 4:42 PM in response to parmyprincess

Put in the name of the app in a Web search to see If the app developer's website comes up in the search.

Chances are pretty good that you WILL NOT receive a refund. Sorry.

There are many app developers that maybe lone developers, small group of app developers, that dropped support and orphan/abandon their app/s for many different reasons, like didn’t make enough revenue, the company went bankrupt, the developers, like a musical band, split up and/or lost interest in keeping up support for an app, didn't like how much percentage Apple was taking for their app VS what the developer/s was/were making on each sale of the app, etc.

Also, If this was an older 32-bit app that has never been updated in over two years and the app developer didn’t bother to recode the format of the code to a 64-bit version that supports iOS 11, there is nothing you can do.

Also, and I am not certain Apple is admitting to this, but Apple is, once again, covertly and secretly, thinning out older, 32-bit apps that haven't seen ANY type in support in say, the last three years, or so.

There are millions of apps and this happens everyday on the iOS App Store.

You never really own an app on ANY type of mobile or computing device locked into an App ecosystem>

You actually pay rent for the use of a types of apps that need some connective support from a developer.

Not all apps work ths way, but some do.

This is why i haven't updated my iTunes past version 12.6.3, so I can still save ALL of my iOS apps locally in case an App disappears from the iOS App Store or is no longer supported, I still have a backup copy of the discontinued app.

Good Luck to You!.

Mar 2, 2018 9:08 PM in response to parmyprincess

You might want to go back and read the Terms for iTunes and the App Store, which will explain this to you, and you will see you are not entitled to any compensation; from the developer or Apple.

And your computer comparison is completely different. That is hardware you have bought. The store stopping to carry that has no affect on your device. An app is nothing more than a license to use the software. Comparing oranges and bananas.

Any idea how to contact the Developer????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.