Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant problem

from old MacBook Pro (OS10.12.6) want to transfer content to brand new MacBookPro (OS 10.13.3) via Migration Assistant. Both computers are on the same WI-FI network. New computer's Migration Assistant spins around, can't find source. This is nuts!

PowerBook, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:35 AM

Hey, peterfrommarshall.

I see that you're using Migration Assistant to transfer the content of your old MacBook Pro to your new MacBook Pro. The issue is, the new one isn't able to locate the old one. I'm happy to help.

How to turn on or turn off your Mac -- First, restart both the new and old MacBook Pro.

How to move your content to a new Mac -- Then work through the steps in this article.

Manage the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac-- If the new MacBook Pro is still struggling to locate the old MacBook Pro, follow the troubleshooting steps here.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 8:35 AM in response to peterfrommarshall

Hey, peterfrommarshall.

I see that you're using Migration Assistant to transfer the content of your old MacBook Pro to your new MacBook Pro. The issue is, the new one isn't able to locate the old one. I'm happy to help.

How to turn on or turn off your Mac -- First, restart both the new and old MacBook Pro.

How to move your content to a new Mac -- Then work through the steps in this article.

Manage the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac-- If the new MacBook Pro is still struggling to locate the old MacBook Pro, follow the troubleshooting steps here.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Migration Assistant problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.