Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why are iMovie 10.1.6 events linked?

I created two iMovie 10.1.6 events for a project. I imported media to the Project Media, which is available for all events. In the first event, I edited clips accordingly. Looks fabulous.

After I create a second event the first event material is included. I thought it would be blank since I'm creating a new event. However, when I delete a clip from event 2, it gets deleted from event 1.

What is going on? This should be ridiculously easy, simple.

+++++++

Event #1

User uploaded file

Event 2: No media

User uploaded file

All Events: Shows no media placed in new event yet.

User uploaded file

Event 2: Delete first clip from event

User uploaded file

Event 1: Clip now missing after deleting clip from Event 2

User uploaded file

OS info

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on

Mar 3, 2018 6:59 PM in response to ReinaBorinquena In response to ReinaBorinquena

Hi, Reina,

I am running iMovie 10.1.8 with High Sierra. I am not able to duplicate your findings re iMovie 10.1.6. Perhaps I am not following your exact steps. When I create an event, it does not link to another event and the clips in the first event do not simultaneously copy over to the new event. And when I delete a clip from Event 1 it does not simultaneously delete the same clip from Event 2.

I doubt that you are running 10.1.6 on Mountain Lion, but in any event you might want to consider updating to iMovie 10.1.8 and High Sierra. Also you could try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys, and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. Sometimes that cures glitches.

-- Rich

Mar 3, 2018 6:59 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 7, 2018 12:59 PM in response to ReinaBorinquena In response to ReinaBorinquena

I can understand how frustrating that must be. The issue doesn't happen on my set up (High Sierra, iMovie 10.1.8) so it is not a bug in the app or the operating system.

As a trouble shooting method, read through this link that deals with managing projects and events, and see if there is anything thing in there that might give you a clue as to why your issue is occurring:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov74d7d370c

-- Rich

Mar 7, 2018 12:59 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ReinaBorinquena

Question: Why are iMovie 10.1.6 events linked?