Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I the only one with consistent TurboTax problem every year?

I had to ask a question as thread dealing with Turbo problems was too old to add another reply!

I've used Turbo Home and Biz for 4/5 years now and if there was a serious competitive product I'd be using it! Installing the program has always been difficult. Usually I have to call Intuit support and get them to send me the disc because the download version always has problems (which is not to say that the disc version doesn't).

There is a link in one of the answers (Remove (Uninstall) TurboTax for Mac - TurboTax Support) to a Turbo support page which details the deletion of assorted preferences, caches, plists, etc. THIS WORKS! But that just gets you through installing. The program ALWAYS runs slow. I mean REALLY SLOW, like find something to do while you're waiting). I've complained but Intuit doesn't seem interested in addressing Mac issues. They don't even supply their phone support people with the solution(s) on their own website.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), null

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 3:39 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 2, 2018 4:07 PM in response to kenwieder

My suggestion would be that you find a different way to submit your taxes. Turbotax is not all that compatible with Macs and, from what you said, they don't care either. So, use someone/something else. (I use the freefilefillableforms.com directly with the IRS - works great and no downloads; just fill out the forms in your browser). It is also free.

Mar 2, 2018 9:07 PM in response to Eric Root

If you scroll down to the IRS free file page, you get to this:

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

And they are open for business (I have started my return). I like it because it is easy, you can enter amounts and it will do the math, you can save/print and return later. You do need to have all your info and know which forms you need.

Am I the only one with consistent TurboTax problem every year?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.