Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Typing Outgoing Mail - Font Size 11 Looks like Size 6

I had to type this question up because the original question hadn't been answered in a while.

It appears many users have lived with this problem for years...I can't even imagine! I've been a mac user for over 15 years and I've just recently started experiencing this problem 😟

No need to offer zoom solutions or solutions tied to going into Mail preferences and setting fonts and colors there. Unfortunately, those haven't solved the problem. I've even gone as far as removing linked accounts and deleting supporting apps, but nothing yet.

Has anyone been able to find a viable solution?

PS I'm sorry if this message isn't reading very friendly, I've been trying to solve this for the last couple of hours and it looks like there's no real solution in sight. I'm hoping I'm wrong 🙂

MacBook Air, iOS 10.3.3, null

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 5:28 PM

Okay first of all, the font size is the size it prints, not how it looks on the screen. So a 12 pt font will look larger or smaller depending on how large the screen is and whether it's a Retina screen or not, the resolution set, etc. etc.

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 2, 2018 5:49 PM in response to CountryGirl56

Yes, what you're saying is true. But, it's clear you haven't experienced this issue (and that really is a good thing).

I personally never experienced this either until a couple of months ago.

Not to discourage anyone from responding, but I'd love to hear from those who've experienced this and have found a solution.

This is the same problem that this group was trying to solve 6 years ago 😟 They weren't able to arrive at a solution, unfortunately. https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/24058/composing-messages-in-apple-mail -displaying-text-on-screen-in-larger-size-with

Typing Outgoing Mail - Font Size 11 Looks like Size 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.