Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus photos appear to be damaged?

I own iPhone 7 Plus for less than a year. Today I have noticed that something is wrong with my photos that are stored on the phone.

So, I have a number of portrait photos that I looked through today and has become concerned with the following problem; while viewing them turn by turn I at first get approximately 5 to 6 portraits taken last summer that appear to be ok, but as I go further I find that the portraits taken this winter has become of the terrible quality, looks like they have been spoiled somehow. They don't just look blurry, they look like they are made of squares. So, severe blur, pixelation and almost indistinguishable faces in portraits is the issue. It basically looks like the phone stretches the icons of these photos to the full screen instead of opening the actual photo. There is another detail here. When I push the "back" arrow that returns me back to the portraits library and open those photos individually instead of turn by turn they seem to be normal, however, they still look like they are missing sharpness and detail at least in comparison to the other portraits that are fine. Also, when I open one fo those blurry photos and tap Edit button I get the message that informs of an error that has happened during loading of the photo. All the portraits are stored on my phone, I don't use iCloud Photo Library or other cloud sharing services. So, obviously the phone has a problem loading the pictures from the phone's storage. I can't guess what may be the reason of the problem. The only things that potentially can be connected to the issue are updating the system to iOS 11.2.6 that I did this week and deleting huge video files from the trash bin for good. Those videos were occupying too much space.

Any ideas regarding the possible reasons for the problem? Any advices of how it can be fixed?

One more thing, initially those troublesome portraits were ok, I viewed them before and they were fine!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 4:04 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

iPhone 7 Plus photos appear to be damaged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.