Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Sync destroys playlists

I create new playlists, maybe add songs to existing playlists, then sync to my iPad.

Afterwards, some songs are grayed out on the iPad and playlists on the PC are GONE.ME FOR THIS!The playlist is there, but is empty. APPLE CAN EITHER FIX THIS OR SO HELP ME GOD I WILL DUMP ITUNES, THE IPAD, and MY IPHONE. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS.

Homemade, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 6:18 PM

This should be simple. You modify something on the PC, you sync it, and whatever is on the PC overwrites whatever is on the iPad. Nothing on the PC gets altered. Simple! Apparently Apple doesn't get it.

6 replies

Mar 5, 2018 9:58 AM in response to HD-RUGBY

FYI: I was able to (mostly) recover the playlists on my PC with a recent backup of my entire library (at least I think that's what it was). However, I'm afraid to sync my iPad for fear of having the playlists on my PC destroyed again.

Please, will someone from Apple reply before I die of old age or go out and replace all of my Apple products???

iTunes Sync destroys playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.