Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can I continuously highlight a railroad continuously displayed in a video using final cut pro x?

I have aerial video of a large rail yard that contains 10 railroads running in parallel. I want to continuously highlight 2 specific rail road lines while viewing video. Can I do this with Final Cut Pro and how? Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Posted on

Mar 3, 2018 2:57 AM in response to BoLeRoy1 In response to BoLeRoy1

BoLeRoy1 wrote:

I have aerial video of a large rail yard that contains 10 railroads running in parallel. I want to continuously highlight 2 specific rail road lines while viewing video. Can I do this with Final Cut Pro and how? Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Yes.

You can apply a number of possible effects, using masks to restrict where they apply, and keyframe the masks.

Mar 3, 2018 2:57 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 3, 2018 2:22 PM in response to BoLeRoy1 In response to BoLeRoy1

Aerial video means you're drone was probably moving. So besides using a shape or something to highlight specific tracks, you'll need that shape to be tracking in the video to stick to that track. TrackX from Coremelt does that for you.

Mar 3, 2018 2:22 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: BoLeRoy1

Question: Can I continuously highlight a railroad continuously displayed in a video using final cut pro x?