Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Media folder

Hi,

I had MBP17" where iTunes and iTunes media was working perfectly, but the MBP went kaput a week ago & have bought an MBP15" Late 2016. In this, am finding the songs get downloaded to the iTunes media folder rather into iTunes Media>Music (which was what used to occur earlier). Now the songs get downloaded into the iTunes media folder itself. See screenshots. Note: I started iTunes on the new Mac by opening iTunes and allowing it to sync(?) with my Apple Music account. (I previously also had iTunes Match in conjunction with Apple Music, but discontinued Match last year---just info, though don't know if it has anything to do with the problem faced).

Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Time Capsule 1 TB (1st Generation)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 1:41 AM

See Make a split library portable for some background on library layout. Try File > Library > Organize Library > Rearrange Files to tell iTunes to use the modern layout with artist folders going into a Music subfolder of the media folder rather then the media folder itself.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

iTunes Media folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.