Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't quit opening

Every time I plug in my iPhone iTunes will not stop trying to download music. I disabled downloading music on my phone. I press force quit and the control button and Q but it won't stop popping up. HELP PLEASE! I see this all over these question boards but no answer going back to 2011. Someone has to have an answer.

MacBook Air, iOS 10.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 6:49 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2018 1:52 PM in response to daniellefromgoldsboro

Hello daniellefromgoldsboro,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone and the connection to iTunes. Please verify you have the manual syncing option enabled, this will stop the automatic syncing. This article has the info with screenshots and states: Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes

If you can't manually add or remove content from your device

Check to make sure that the "Manually manage music and videos" option is turned on:

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  3. Locate and click on your device.User uploaded file
  4. In the left sidebar, click Summary.
  5. Scroll to the Options section.
  6. Click the box next to "Manually manage music and videos."User uploaded file
  7. Click Apply.

You might see a message that your device is synced with another library. This means that you've used a different computer to sync your device in the past, and iTunes can't sync without first erasing and replacing all iTunes content on your device.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

iTunes won't quit opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.