Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone7plus home button clicking randomly

So tonight my phones home button started going crazy and repeatedly clicking by itself to the point where it took me 3 minutes to be able to hold the power button down for long enough without it taking a screenshot for me to shut my phone off... what could be causing this?

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 10:00 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2018 11:17 AM in response to rachaelfrommankato

Hi Rachael,

I understand that the Home button on your iPhone is acting sporadically, making it difficult to use your iPhone normally. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend that you follow the "What to do if a button or switch isn't working" section of the article below:

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What to do if a button or switch isn't working

1. Restart your device. If you can't restart your device, try to force restart it.
  2. Remove any protective films and cases that might block the button or switch.
  3. Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch, and clean with a soft cloth.

If you need help with Touch ID, learn what to do.

If the button or switch still isn't working, is damaged, or works intermittently, you might need to set up service for your device. Contact Apple Support, then follow the steps to complete your service request.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

iphone7plus home button clicking randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.