Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are battery specifications of iDevices across globe same?

My iPhone 6 needs battery replacement, but since I’m in India and my iPhone belongs to USA, I just wondered whether the battery specifications for the battery available in the USA same as that available in India.

Is there anyone who can help me regarding that?

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 7:41 PM

rohangg wrote:

My iPhone 6 needs battery replacement, but since I’m in India and my iPhone belongs to USA, I just wondered whether the battery specifications for the battery available in the USA same as that available in India.

Should be the same. I've given an old iPhone 4S to someone traveling overseas and they had it replaced with an aftermarket battery. I sort of knew it wasn't something that Apple would ever touch again so it wasn't a big deal with a 5 year old phone. Whether or not an Apple Authorized Service Provider will do it is another matter. The whole thing about international service on iPhones is really hard to understand. There are claims that maybe they'll do it in India.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 7:41 PM in response to rohangg

rohangg wrote:

Should be the same. I've given an old iPhone 4S to someone traveling overseas and they had it replaced with an aftermarket battery. I sort of knew it wasn't something that Apple would ever touch again so it wasn't a big deal with a 5 year old phone. Whether or not an Apple Authorized Service Provider will do it is another matter. The whole thing about international service on iPhones is really hard to understand. There are claims that maybe they'll do it in India.

Mar 3, 2018 8:49 PM in response to rohangg

rohangg wrote:

Lets see. I am heading towards Apple Service Centre. Thanks for the help!

The biggest issue is that Apple can't set the service prices for outside businesses. Each one is allowed to set its own price for a battery service. There is currently a worldwide promotion for a battery service for all iPhones released starting with the iPhone 6. However, while Apple might discount the cost of the battery for the service provider, that doesn't mean that said service provider will do the service at a discounted price.

Are battery specifications of iDevices across globe same?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.