Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Right Click' Share Not Working

When I write click a file to share it with any of the options listed like Airdrop and Messenger(1st image), the window freezes when I click to send(2nd image). Everything else in the background works fine but the window for sharing is completely frozen until I restart the whole computer or force close it. Using Airdrop by going to Finder and then Airdrop works okay but just whenever I do the right click share option which is way faster than going to Finder it just completely freezes. Please help!!!! Thank you!

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 2:46 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 3, 2018 3:33 PM in response to joonpark_422

Hello joonpark_422,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the share window becomes unresponsive when you right-click to share a file on your Mac. I can surely see how this could be a bit confusing this option works as expected when you use Finder. I'm happy to help.

First, I recommend disconnecting any peripheral devices. It's possible they may not be compatible with your version of macOS. If the issue persists, restart your Mac in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let us know if the behavior continues. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

'Right Click' Share Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.