Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do i have another itunes library in iTunes Folder 'Previous iTunes Libraries'?

what's with the other itunes library in iTunes Folder 'Previous iTunes Libraries'?

what are the reasons to save it?

what are the repercussions if i delete it?

why does this have to be so hard???

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 6:06 AM

They are previous versions of details about your library, they get created when you update your iTunes version. They can be deleted, but if you decide to go back to a previous version of iTunes you will have to re-create your library (the file isn't backwards compatible, so you wouldn't be able to continue using the current version of it), you won't be able to just copy the old version of the file back (which obviously won't have any changes that you would have done since updating, but which would be a starting point)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 6:06 AM in response to yankeedude-l

They are previous versions of details about your library, they get created when you update your iTunes version. They can be deleted, but if you decide to go back to a previous version of iTunes you will have to re-create your library (the file isn't backwards compatible, so you wouldn't be able to continue using the current version of it), you won't be able to just copy the old version of the file back (which obviously won't have any changes that you would have done since updating, but which would be a starting point)

why do i have another itunes library in iTunes Folder 'Previous iTunes Libraries'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.