Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play video in iTunes Window

Hello,

Using iTunes 12.7.3.46. Couldn't find an options to open Home Videos in iTunes Window. Always opening in separate window. No more available this selection ?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 8:56 PM

Hey there, Donbaloglu,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! From your post, I understand that you have questions regarding playing videos in iTunes. Specifically, you want to know if there's an option to play the video within the iTunes window instead of a separate one. I'm happy to get you some information!

The article iTunes for Mac: Play movies, TV shows, and other video has the following to say about playing videos:

Play a video

Start playing a video: Double-click the video, or select it and click the Play button (or use the Touch Bar).

The video plays in a separate window, which you can resize and move.

Based on that information, all videos do play in a separate window. This window is customizable, though, so you can move it to another location on your screen without moving iTunes itself, and you can also adjust it so it's whatever size you'd like (also without affecting the main iTunes app). In addition, once the video is open you can minimize or close the iTunes app so you only have one window open.

Have a great day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 8:56 PM in response to Donbaloglu

Hey there, Donbaloglu,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! From your post, I understand that you have questions regarding playing videos in iTunes. Specifically, you want to know if there's an option to play the video within the iTunes window instead of a separate one. I'm happy to get you some information!

The article iTunes for Mac: Play movies, TV shows, and other video has the following to say about playing videos:

Play a video

Start playing a video: Double-click the video, or select it and click the Play button (or use the Touch Bar).

The video plays in a separate window, which you can resize and move.

Based on that information, all videos do play in a separate window. This window is customizable, though, so you can move it to another location on your screen without moving iTunes itself, and you can also adjust it so it's whatever size you'd like (also without affecting the main iTunes app). In addition, once the video is open you can minimize or close the iTunes app so you only have one window open.

Have a great day!

Play video in iTunes Window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.